1.5

I purchased a spa cover from The Cover Guy in Oct 2011 for $385. The lift handle ripped within one year, no big deal.

Now the vinyl is falling apart and cracking at 3 years and 8 months, so I called and was told to send in pictures. Three phone calls and one email later I am told that they will send me a new cover (no warranty on it) to replace the defective one for $325 plus shipping or I can just buy a new one from them at a discount. Either way it ends up at almost $375 again for a product that did not live up to their claims and really isn't covered by a useful warranty at all.

I would never do business with these crooks again. Avoid at all costs!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $375. This person is overall dissatisfied with The Cover Guy. The most disappointing about the cover guy spa cover at The Cover Guy was vinyl cracked and warranty service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about The Cover Guy.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pools, Spas and Plumbing Supplies category for more informed decision or compare The Cover Guy to other companies on our site.

Comments

Hello,

If you could contact me to identify yourself I will have a look at your file to further explain the warranty you were offered. If there are no further comments to this posting it is most likely not legitimate.

We request pictures of your cover to evaluate for the warranty.

The warranty covers manufacturing defects and workmanship. If you were offered a pro-rated replacement cost it sounds like your issue was covered under the warranty.

This is the standard in the hot tub cover industry.

With regards,