1.4

I ordered a replacement cover for my hot tub on April 30, 2017 and it arrived on June 14. On the website it talks about convenient delivery to your door.

The delivery was in no way convenient. It arrived via large semi which could not come down my long driveway. I had to drive my pickup truck and meet them at the end of the drive on a busy state highway. They told me they would call ahead so I could have someone to help- they failed to do this so I was alone.

I am a 5 foot tall 71 year old woman so examining the box after it was in the truck was hard. The delivery driver did not seem to care to help. Looked it over best I could. When a friend arrived to help we found a tear in the cover which had been hidden by the fold.

Contacted the company- they said to file claim with trucking company which I did. They said could not determine when damage happened so gave me only a fraction of cost of cover. Cover guy not helpful. In addition I was not impressed with quality.

they claim to have data on all tubs but the straps to attach were not placed as with previous covers which I would have expected if they really had information on all brands/models. Also there is only one canvas strap to grasp to put cover back on the tub and it is in the middle so requires lifting the long span of the cover up almost 4 feet to the top of the tub to replace-hard to do. Previous covers also had straps along the side to assist in putting the cover back on. Even tho it is lighter it is almost impossible to put cover back on my old water-logged cover was easier for me to handle.

Appears very cheaply made.

Their website has quite a lot of 5 star reviews posted but when I went to the website to review my experience I found it impossible to find where to review so ended up finding this site. I hope it at least keeps a few people from getting scammed by this company.

Review about: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Delivery, Quality.

Comments

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post here. If you would like to email us info@thecoverguy.com to identify yourself.

We use freight companies to delivery your oversized product - hot tub cover. The carriers do their best but if your home situation does not allow door service it does have to be curb-side.

We are sorry to read there was damages and since we advised you to contact the carrier to file a claim, you were made aware of procedures. If you need any help again, please email us.

We do custom made the covers and have specs on file for measurements. Our handles and safety straps are strategically placed. Since we custom make if you needs specific locations, we suggest you contact us to place your order by phone.

The Cover Guy is a successful after market hot tub cover company, and has many repeat and satisfied customers for over 35 years. Thank you