2.0

First of all, I’ve ordered two covers over the past 6 years, with no issues. This last cover was a warranted item. I was told that the cover was to be made in a new factory that they use in Pennsylvania. I was pleased with that since I live in Michigan and Pennsylvania would understand our brutal winters. The cover arrived from California via the manufacturer in Mexico! The first red flag was my concern about quality coming from Mexico. The cover looked great and fit like it should. Secondly I discovered that it was missing the back support plate for my cover lift. I complained and was informed that it was my fault since I picked out the wrong pattern for the lift plates. Keep in mind this is cover number 3! When I placed this warranty order I explained that I wanted the same cover as the last one, color, size, skirt, and straps to lock it down. They had all of that information from previous covers!

Their corrective action was to charge me another $120.00 for a new foam with lift plates plus another $93.00 for shipping and handling! I was also offered a $40.00 in store credit for future chemicals that I might need. Their chemical packages start out over $50.00 which I felt was another scam!

Finally I was offered a free foam replacement if I paid the $93.00 shipping charge!

If you have taken the time to read this review please heed this warning, make sure you cross all the tees and dot all of the i’s to cover your backside! And don’t believe them when you’re told that it will be made in Pennsylvania, Florida or some other American factory. Buyer beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Cover Guy Cover.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Hello Roger,We use different manufacturing facilities depending on your location. Our PA and CA production has the vinyl only sewn in MX and as you can see it is well-made and high quality.The lifter plates are inserted in the foam, your cover requires this as your lifter screws directly into the cover sides.

We asked you to confirm one of two diagrams on where these should be installed. The previous cover installed them the full-length sides and back end. Please see your emails we sent you on from January 31st and February 8th. The diagram option you indicated you only required plates on the sides.

We followed the information you provided.We are sorry you had to post on this website, as people can see we did try to work with you and help you out with the mistake that was made. Customer’s choosing the wrong diagram is a very rare error.