2.2

Poor Quality. Purchased a cover for the second-time form vendor.

First one was no problem but I upgraded the second one with all the extra features. And 1.8 years later the cover is 3 times heavier and loosing heat and icicles are forming. Also, my cover arrived 2 to 4 inches too long than ordered. Amanda original told me they would give me 7-year warranty and if something is defective during that time they would replace it for free.

Know suddenly there is a document that prorates the cover, which is asking me to pay for the cover again.

Funny thing is they admit that they are double wrapping the foam and using different material which tells me they know they are having problems but they just don’t want to honor a true warranty. The Warranty has no value at all.

Review about: The Cover Guy Hot Tub Cover.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Seem nice at first.

I didn't like: Warenty the way they handeled the situation.

Comments

Hello Steven,The first cover under your name in our system is from October 2014, # 138226, dimensions 82 x 78 and the order was placed with a sales rep. Your second cover placed May 2016, CGUS-172417, you entered yourself with measurements of 84 x 84 x 5”R and the make and model you included match our specs on file.

We were never notified post delivery of any size issues.Amanda advised you there is a 7 year warranty but never that a new cover would be free. The details of the warranty were sent with both covers on delivery.The pictures, of your 2016 cover, sent to be evaluated were covered under the warranty. The pictures you attach here show discoloration or bleaching of the vinyl and underside material. This is caused by chemical damages and you should test your water by a professional as soon as possible.

We suggest you do this before using your hot tub as you could be damaging your skin too.With improper care the chemicals will destroy your vapor barrier and cause the foam to absorb water. This is mostly likely the reason the upgrade was suggested to you as your first cover you replaced in less than two years.Hot tub and cover care is information you should have received when you purchased your hot tub.

Sfoote1
to The Cover Guy #1439658

First of all, I never had a problem with the first cover I ordered which was for a different hot tub all together. The second cover I order thinking you have a good product was for a new hot I got.

The water is tested all the time and is at the right levels. I see a big quality difference from the first cover I received compared to the second cover which was supposed to be 84 by 84 and is 4 inches two big. And Amanda is lying about the replacement at no cost denial. That is one of the reasons I chose to go with your company.

Then you admit to me you had to change materials due to problems like what I am having, but still expect me to pay all full price when I have not even had the cover for 2 years yet.

Nothing worse than a company that cant own up to their own mistakes. What ever happen to god customer service.