2.1

I ordered a hot tub cover and hydraulic cover lifter on 5/31/2019.

Five days later, and SEVERAL days before my cover went into “production”, (Which, by the Websites’s instructions, is the cutoff point for ANY changes to be made to an order), I called and spoke to someone named “Zach”, to let him know that the hydraulic cover lifter would not work for my application.

I made arrangements with him to change my order to include another lifter in its place.

SIX WEEKS LATER, when my order STILL hadn’t shipped I began a series of email communication(s) with someone named “Amanda”, who has represented herself as a customer service person.

I asked about shipping only to find out that the change to my order was never made.

She assured me that the new cover lifter had been “ordered”, and that I was to simply ‘refuse receipt’ of the incorrect lifter upon delivery.

Fast forward to yesterday, July 16, 2019.

The cover arrived, in good condition with the incorrect lifted packaged in the same gigantic carton as the cover.

Suffice it to say - There would be NO repacking of this item in the carton provided.

At the time of this writing, I am STILL waiting on ANY indication that the correct cover lifter has even been ordered, let alone shipped.

“Amanda” ALSO assured me that she would email a return shipping label for the incorrect lifter as well, but - Apparently, that's too much to ask.

All in all, this has been a bittersweet, albeit disappointing experience with this company. I can only hope that this will have a favorable outcome, but at this juncture, I’m skeptical.

I just want the cover lifter I ordered, and paid for, and that was agreed upon to be shipped to me, and a return label for the one that I wasn’t supposed to receive.

I wish I would have known about pissedoffconsumer.com before I ever transacted business with

thecoverguy. com.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

The Cover Guy Pros: That they seemed like a reputable company.

The Cover Guy Cons: Not receiving immediate customer service with satisfaction, I think they are not being truthful.

• shipping and delivery
  • Poor Customer Service Satisfation

Comments

TheCoverGuy

Hello, Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with The Cover Guy. I apologize if our service did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Our goal is to provide a consistently reliable product and an exemplary level of customer service.

Could you please contact us at feedback@thecoverguy.com so that we can rectify the situation for you? Sincerely, Anne Customer Care Manager