The Cover Guy - 7 year Warranty from thecoverguy

My second cover, the first would have been under warranty (4 years out of a 5 year warranty) but I lost the paper work.The second came with their 7 year guarantee and I saved the paper work.

I enquired about the warranty and It has now been 7 weeks and no answer about the warranty. Pictures were sent, emails exchanged and they said they would look into it. I bought there deluxe version with the new vapour barrier claim, lasted 3 years maybe and then the thing became waterlogged and is too heavy now. It causes the seem to rip and handles came off, even the lock straps came off.

So much for Canadian durability!I see others have had the same complaint with this new but crappy vapour barrier technology.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 16, 2014 #916931 Windsor, Ontario

Our cover died after 6 of 7 years but they did give us a small credit which offset the price increase from the first one. At least they had all the past info. on file. The new one has more slope to it (thicker in the middle) which is their new standard and the vapour barrier is different and hopefully better. The last one did get water logged but only on one side, straps and handles broke but then again we did get six years out of it through some terrible winters and hot summers. I'm okay with the product and treatment received and would order from them again. Even though we got 6 out of 7 years that was still far better than the original supplied by Aruba Spas which only lasted 4 years.

Jul 07, 2014 #836992

Ok, so I bought an upgraded cover with all the extras for my hot tub. It is supposed to be warrantied for 5 years and we are only beginning on the 3rd year. I paid for all the upgrades because I wanted this cover to last me for a while. I called them and explained to them that the upgraded combo vapour proof barrier seal is peeling thousands of pieces daily into my hot tub and water has gotten into my cover. It is so waterlogged that it is very difficult to lift. The lady who answered said I was still on warranty and they wanted me to show proof of this, so I took a picture of the inside cover and said I needed to send it to the "warranty manager". This was the warranty manager's response- "Thank you for the pictures. The issue with the cover, plastic flaking does qualify under the pro-rated warranty. You are currently in year 3 of your warranty, which gets you a 40% discount on the original purchased price.
We can have a new cover manufactured for you which will include our new upgrades. These upgrades are a double layer plastic around the foam inserts and a full length insulated hinge.
The price for a new cover will be $257.98 + $99 shipping. Originally the cover was $429.97. Please call our office when you would like to proceed with the order 1-866-622-6837. We even upgraded to the 2 lb high density core." I spoke to another person and this is another email... "As per our phone conversation chemical damage is a physical defect not a manufacturers defect. The
... Show more

Jul 08, 2013 #676376 Burlington, Ontario

Ok I got an answer finally. Warranty says I should get get 40% discount off replacement. They gave me about 20% discount. $70 off of their advertised 359.99. :upset ..Should have been another $70, but kick my own a** for less.

Aug 22, 2013 #704660

Hi, Thank you for your comment. We stand behind our warranty terms 100%. Please feel free to reach me directly and I will review this for you and make sure we come up with a satisfactory solution. I can be reached at 866 622 6837 x 202

0 2 Reply

Jul 15, 2014 #840804

The owner of the company is Jay Labelle. Email him at see if he responds. He will block your email he has no integrity.

2 1
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Cover Guy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about The Cover Guy.
Filing a new complaint about